PEORIA, Ariz. -- As it turns out, third baseman Chase Headley wasn't the only member of the Padres who returned to San Diego on Monday to see a hand specialist.
Reliever Nick Vincent, who hasn't appeared in a game since Feb. 28, received good news regarding the soreness he has had in his lower forearm, which he was told were inflamed tendons.
"It's good, we should be good to go starting tomorrow," Vincent said.
Vincent had an X-ray in Arizona earlier in the week that didn't show any significant damage to the area that has troubled him since his last appearance.
Vincent took Tuesday off but was expected to get back on a throwing program on Wednesday. But after missing so much time, he acknowledged that he's fallen far behind the rest of his teammates.
"I guess I'll have to start all over," he said.
Vincent, who had a 1.71 ERA in 27 games last season, would have likely been in the mix for a spot in the bullpen had he been healthy.
Corey Brock is a reporter for MLB.com. Keep track of @FollowThePadres on Twitter. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.